Wednesday, November 4, 2009

For Friend Sissy...

And all others who are waiting on pins & needles with me: still no phone call!

As for my appointment with Brian last Thursday, it went really well, considering we had to switch to a FHA loan at the end of the process, which he said was basically like starting over and added another week or more till we close.

He was very helpful, though, and explained every single thing in great detail, including how I can set up my own ammorization (sp?) schedule in Excel. And told me I could call him later if I forget how. He was SO nice and smart and articulate...something I forgot existed after dealing with Bobby the Baffoon for 3 weeks. Obviously still working on that patience thing.

But, we got everything switched, most of the work had already been done for the VA loan, which had stricter requirements, which means it should have been a breeze to do a FHA. It's not been a breeze, in my opinion. Apparently Brian's processor is still calling my realtor and asking basic questions that should have been covered by now, so I'm assuming we won't be closing this week.

But, that's okay. Chad has a day off next Wednesday, so that would be the ideal day to close, so he doesn't lose a point for missing work. They like to throw big guilt parties for missing work...even if you are sick as a dog or buying a house.

So, I'm still here. Waiting. Praying. Hoping.

When we get really stressed or bummed, we take a little drive out to the property and stand on the deck and plan the back yard. I regret the day I locked the laundry room door...now I can't go in and plan my furniture and bubble baths! But I was afraid I'd walk in to find some bum in my tub and have to hurt some homeless person. This way, I avoid jail time.

And that's my update. As soon as I find something out, I'll be sure to post asap!

2 comments:

  1. Man. You have way more patience than I have. I'd be on the phone chewing someone up and spitting them out everyday if this was me. I'm glad it's looking like it's about to come to an end. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I drive by, I take a looksee. You STILL aren't there?? Good news is that the $8000 buying thingie has been extended till spring!

    ReplyDelete