Friday, May 11, 2012

Stirred up!

Yesterday's post has stirred me up to fight. 

Not fight a human, who is only being guided by the spirits he yields to, but against principalities and powers, demons from Hell, bent on destroying souls. My family's souls. 

And not to fight with weapons of mass destruction, or guns, swords, or knives...but with the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God; it's sharper than any two-edged sword and has the power to destroy demon spirits.

Funny how it seems like words in black ink on a piece of paper to some...but it's literally the words of God, given to us by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, as a weapon. And what did He promise about weapons? No weapon formed against us shall prosper! And what else did He promise? "Be of good cheer, little children, for I have overcome the world." 


We are literally fighting from victory, not to it! He has already won this war, He's just letting His children fight out the victory.


I just read the story of David and Goliath this morning. As Goliath cursed David by his many gods - like that would accomplish anything - David calmly picks up his 5 smooth stones and prepares himself to fight. And when Goliath laughs at David's feeble weapons, David responds by telling him, I don't fight you with a spear, shield or a sword, but with the name of the Lord of hosts...and today the earth will know that there is a God in Israel!


Listen at little David, approximately 17 years old, standing up to a giant! I think that's where I am today. The spirits that are in this world seem to be giants to me. They look almost impossible to overcome. They make me long for Heaven. But there is a fighter rising up on the inside and He's telling me, You can do ALL things through Christ Jesus! And, Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world!

I'm realizing it's up to me, and you, to fight these things that are attacking our children, keeping our loved ones in mental torment, or filling their minds with untruths. Telling them sin is right and right is wrong. Telling them God is love so there is nothing He hates...which is a lie from the devil. God is love, but He hates sin. Not the sinner, but SIN. 

So, yes, I'm stirred up to fight. I'm tired of hearing the world's point of view out of my children's mouth. And I'm ready to fight it.

Watch out, ya'll...the sleeping giant in me done woke up and joined up with the LORD's Army! 

No comments:

Post a Comment