Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Benny, Joel, & Oprah...oh my!

I just finished watching a 10 minute video of Benny Hinn, the evangelist, on youtube and I am SO thrilled! The heading says "Benny Hinn confronts Joel Olsteen and Oprah" - well, you had me at Olsteen, but I'd pay money to see someone confront Oprah on her misguided beliefs. Believe a lie if you want, but don't recruit, for heaven's sake!

In the video, he tells about seeing a certain tv evangelist (I'm assuming Olsteen because of the title) going on Larry King Live. King asks the evangelist if Jesus is the only way to God and the tv preacher says, "Well, that's up to God." Um, yes, genius, it is and fortunately He already made that decision and then wrote an entire book about it (a.k.a, The Holy Bible)!

What made me so excited is that Hinn actually calls Olsteen a COWARD! He never mentions his name, at least not in the clip I saw, but he keeps referring to him as a coward, even saying maybe he has a devil! I love this so much, not because I never hear this type of preaching...I mean, have you heard my dad lately??? No, this is the kind of truth I hear on a regular basis. But, up until today, I had my concerns that there were any preachers on tv bold enough to call a spade a spade.

Then, he takes on OPRAH. I don't, but it seems lately that a large part of the world considers her a step below God. Or, in some cases, probably equal to God. I admit, I used to really like her. She was blunt, she didn't care what people thought, she was funny. Then, I saw her on tv say that Jesus Christ was just ONE of the ways to God (It's on youtube as well). Wonder if she'll regret that one on the Day of Judgement?!

But he was all over her case too, said she needed *help*. PREACH IT!!!

So, today I have a healthy respect for Benny Hinn. I don't know anything else about his life, and he may turn out to be a pedafile or homosexual tomorrow, but today I heard him preaching truth, offending truth, and I am proud to call him a brother!

If you have the time, watch this video. It's only 10 minutes long, but it will make you want to pump your fist in the air and yell, "I am not ashamed! Jesus is THE way!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChurchNews#p/a/u/1/n-ej7n7Nhns

PS, I do not actually believe he will turn out to be either of these. That's just my disclaimer that we probably don't see eye to eye on everything and no doubt he has things in his life, just like we all do, that he needs mercy & grace for.

1 comment:

  1. Missed your blogs :) Always gave me a smile in the middle of my hectic crazy life! Will check back in the morning so get writing today! Love ya!-- Jacklyn

    ReplyDelete