Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chaaan-ges!

Okay, yes, it has been a loooong time since my last post - I'm sorry! I got a little attached to Facebook (and my house), so I let this slide. Honestly, I wasn't sure I even have anything else worth saying...or worth having you read. But if you still want to know what's going on, I'll try to keep telling you.

Things are going very well at the Krupinski house. So good, in fact, I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't exaggerate the annoying, mundane things so as not to tick off those around me. No one likes a REALLY happy person, right?

Anyway, okay, so here's what's new in my world, for those not in the know already.

I got cable! I also found out there is even more garbage on tv now than two years ago, the last time I paid for this junk. Curiously, there are more religious channels on the basic package than I remember. Even curiouser (is it a word!?), I found some interesting stuff on there. More on that later.

I now teach adult Sunday School sometimes. Actually, I think it's been about 7 weeks straight now. I can't think about that for too long or I start sweating. As for how that's going, you'll have to ask someone from the audience. Chad seems to like it, but he also has to sleep next to me and hasn't mastered the one eye open trick yet ;)

Ben's hair has finally grown out and he now sports the beach bum look I love on him. Sorry, Mom! People keep commenting on his natural highlights, so I'll try to get a picture of that soon. He's so very cute. Especially when he's asleep ;)

Also, I finally got fed up just a second ago with getting him a drink every 20 minutes, gave him a cup, and sent him to the bathroom sink. I'm wondering why I haven't done this sooner! (Have a feeling my bathroom floor no longer needs mopped, so two birds/one stone!)

Did I mention I'm deliriously happy and content with my life? It's scary, actually. If I know anything of life, it's that it never stays this peaceful for long. I'm trying to enjoy it and not worry it away. God is in control of my future.

I just asked Chad if he felt this way. So blessed that you wonder how it can last and what will happen to destroy it. No complaints. He said, "I have complaints, so don't worry about it." LOL.

Like, if you asked me to, yes, I could name some things I want. More money on Chad's paycheck, a job that doesn't destroy his ankles, less allergies for Ethan & Micah, Katie to have a really great friend...yeah, I have those. A lawn mower, a safety net for the trampoline...okay, I found a few wants, lol. But lately I've noticed I don't feel any of that. It doesn't weigh me down. I just feel....blessed.

I think there were times I felt like this in the past: I remember feeling so content in Japan, and in D.C. I missed my family, I wished for a good friend like my sisters, but I still felt like I was where I was supposed to be.

So, maybe that's it. I know I am in God's will for my life. How can I be so sure? Cause this is not what I had planned but I got here by following God. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about that.

Chad is now obsessing about how his life is so not perfect and why. I tried to explain again what I mean.

Me: "Sure, I don't have everything I want, but I don't lack anything I need." (Deep, right? I'm gonna write that one down!)

Chad: "Well, I need a four wheeler and Katie needs a dog. So we have needs!"

@@. That's my sarcastic eyeroll.

Anyway, Chad also says I should shut up now so my friends won't hate me. I have missed talking on here, God knows I need to get it all out somewhere! I'll try to do that here from now on. So, you can stop with the subtle hints on FB, You Who Shall Not Be Named!!!

1 comment: