Tuesday, August 16, 2011

For Angie

Recently I was really struggling with my faith in God to provide for our financial needs. He always has, eventually, but there have been times I've paid my bills late or had to borrow money and those old fears were trying to return and settle in my heart.

The truth is, looking back, I was not serving God like I should when I couldn't pay my bills or had to borrow money. I can see now where I was going my own way, doing my own thing, then asking God to deliver me when I got into trouble as a result. And, being the smart parent He is, He let me feel the pain of my wrong choices.

Once I began to fix my relationship with Him, to go HIS way, ask for wisdom making hard decisions, and then follow the path He lead me to, THEN He began to deliver me out of the mess I was in. There is a confidence in God that comes when you know you are doing your best to follow His will for your life. Then, you can say, God brought me to it, He's going to take me THROUGH it!

So, in the particular case, I was praying as I mowed the grass, with my headphones on. I giving God a list of all the stuff coming at us, telling Him how I needed Him to fix things - :) And suddenly this song came on my mp3 player:  
I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There have been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation God gave blessed consolation
That my trials come only to make me strong.

So I thank God for the mountains
and I thank Him for the valleys
I thank Him for every storm He's brought me through
For if I never had a problem
I wouldn't know that God could solve them
I wouldn't know what faith in His Word can do
by Andre Crouch

Needless to say, I busted out crying and sobbed for 15 minutes as I mowed the yard and played this song over & over. I had church on my riding lawn mower.

He simply reminded, again, that every time I face something, He's right beside me, walking in front of me, and guarding my back. He's taking me through it all!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Thank you for this... I couldn't have read it at a better time. You know it's funny, just a few weeks before this craziness started I had the chorus of this song as my status on fb .... who knew! I love you bunches ... you're such an encouragement to me.

    -Angie

    ReplyDelete