Wednesday, July 8, 2009

You're so vain...

but you are right...this song is about you!

Sunday was my sister Melissa's 19th birthday. Most of us were recouping from our vacation to NC, so we didn't celebrate until the next day. The sisters (and Josh H & Aaron, our honorary sistahs) took her out to eat at O'Charley's (jealous, Jacklyn?), and then home for cupcakes & ice cream, and my homemade turtle brownies. It was loud, fun, and drama filled, as usual. Each grandkid thought the cake & candles were for them...as usual.

We did *not* sing "Happy Birthday" to each and every one of them, like last time. Thank GOD! That makes for a long night. And headaches. And yelling "NO MORE SINGING!"


So, Melissa, take a bow and enjoy your moment in the "Smith" Spotlight...it happens only once a year!

I was going to call DCS about poor Mady being made to dress like a floosy...then I noticed my pantsless wonder. Conner was posing. Naked. But, that's like the pot calling the kettle black ;)



19 candles almost brought the house down. Did singe some of Josh's arm hair ;)



Isn't it sweet how they all "helped?" Unsanitary, but sweet.


Isn't she pretty? Ben just wants me to hurry so he can hit that icing:


Louise is such a smarty pants; she tries to ruin my pictures. So, her tongue goes on the blog for her grandma to see. Ha!

Now THAT was yummy!


1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Fun times. I love how Ben is looking at Conner like "what you doing, crazy?"

    ReplyDelete