Friday, August 7, 2009

So...

I've kind of been at a stand still for the past several days. Basically, ever since hearing the good news/bad news from our first loan prequalification (is that *really* a word?!). But after I few days of thinking, over thinking, sleep deprevation (from more over thinking), and finally putting it all in God's hands, I've decided: it's all according to His will, so I'm not going to sweat the details.


Sounds like a cop out, huh?


But, God is in the details, so, I just going to take this as it comes. First things first: if the other family does not purchase that double wide on 2.4 acres, we are going to give it a shot. There are lending companies out there that do that sort of thing. I appreciate the bank lender's view, but she made it sound impossible, which nearly crushed my hope. But I made her admit it wasn't impossible...just a little harder. Which, I have a feeling, not as hard as she said.

So.

I admit, I did go out to that property on Wednesday and pray that God would let the other family find something they liked better, so we could have it. OR...let us find something better.

And then, I did something I almost hate to do. Not hate, but...you know. It's HARD. I repeated the very words Jesus said before going to the cross: "...Nevertheless, not my will, but Thine be done." (Mark 14:36)


Ugh! Is there anything harder for a control freak to say? Not likely. Well, except "I'm sorry." I'd rather bite nails that say that one sometimes.

Anyway. That's what I did. There must be a reason, a plan. I'm big on plans, as you've probably figured out by now. I don't really even freak if the plan isn't followed verbatim. I just need the plan so I can quit worrying something won't get done.

But this time, God has the plan and He doesn't share much of it with me. In fact, I'd say I know ZERO of the plan right now. Why are we still living with my parents? I know what He's capable of, so why doesn't He part my Red Sea? Heal my leprosy? Raise my dead?

I dunno. But He's working His plan. Hmmm. Reminds me of a song:



When your back's against the wall and you're trying to stand tall in your faith.
When you can't go over and you can't go around so you wait.
Even when you don't understand, you're still in the palm of His hand.
You just wait, He won't be late...He's workin' His plan!


Another interesting update: I try to apply for jobs for Chad each week. If I can just get two resumes out to a new company, at least feel like I'm doing my part. A friend mentioned a helicopter company that loves to hire ex military, and that she has a cousin working for them. She called me today with their info and I applied for 4 different jobs that Chad definitely qualified for. Good news, right? Bad news is, three were in Texas, one was in Louisianna.

I'm just doing MY part.

Sorry, Mom.

I am praying we stay closer than Texas, but you never know what God has in mind. Remember Japan?!

Here's my smile for today:

If that don't make you laugh out loud...well, you better check your pulse!

2 comments:

  1. Faith is hard. I just wrote about this on someone else's blog. Faith is tested, tried and in the process, stretched. Don't give up the faith. You need a house, God knows you do. But, God probably has even bigger things in mind for you and your family than a house. We'll be praying for that to become clear! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't visited in a while. Just checking back. Glad to see your faith is still strong! Missed this comment the first time through, but like it: "God is in the details." wb

    ReplyDelete