Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday

Happy Sunday afternoon!

I just finished cleaning both living rooms and kitchen, folded a load of laundry and put it all way, then cleaned the kitchen all over again after the kids played with Play Doh. Toward the end I kept thinking, what happened to that day of rest?! Seriously!

I don't have anything cool or interesting to share. As Sis. Faye says, the light is just not on tonight (pointing to her head). My elevator isn't going all the way to the top today ;)

I should mention that Chad & I did not go see those houses Friday like we planned. He finally succombed to the head cold the rest of us have, plus is rained most of the day, so we rescheduled for Tuesday. It's do or die that day, since it's the last day he can go till his next two days off, almost 10 days away.

On a sad note, Chad drove by our "dream" home and there was someone there mowing the grass. I say they are just getting it good and ready for us to move in, but apparently there is also a Pod outside. Looks they someone is good and ready to move in, just not us. Yet.

I did call Friday and they said the contract is still just pending. It was supposed to close this past week but it keeps getting drawn out. Whether it's God or just the nature of buying a home, I truly do not know. But I won't accept it's time to move on until I feel a release, and so far it's just not there. I'm trying to keep my options open, keep looking around, but it's tough right now.

You know, alot of times, faith looks stupid. I'm just putting that out there. True faith will make your friends & family really question your sanity. But...that's probably a good sign you're doing something right.

So, just please pray for me this week. My husband is struggling, my kids are discouraged, and it takes its toll on me. Whatever happens, I'm just ready for SOMETHING to happen.

Anyway, crank up the computer speakers and praise God to along with some of my favorite songs on my playlist. Go to church somewhere tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment