Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Break Up

"...cause breaking up is hard to do-oo!"

I did it. I broke up with my real estate agent. I emailed her today and just said we were thinking about putting the search on hold for now and thanks for all her help. Which is totally true - we are thinking about stopping for a while. We've talked about it and I know we shouldn't give up, but I'm so uninspired to look right now. I've definitely lost some spark since yesterday. We prolly won't give up, but that statement was totally true when I wrote it. Still is.

Does that constitute a lie? I HATE to be lied to. I know I should man up and tell her she stinks at this, but...she could be my grandma, ya'll!

I found the newest home magazine today at a gas station. Low and behold, there are at least FOUR new listings in our price range. Did my agent email those listings for me to check out? NO! Negatron! So, I know I've made the right decision. She is overwhelmed with her personal life (mom died 13 days ago, selling her house, going through her mom's belongings) so she cannot give us the level of dedication we need.

But I still feel like a dog. Like I just told her she'd be living off ramen noodles for the next 5 years. Come to think of it, that's what WE live off of sometimes LOL.

Anyway, yay for me. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better about breaking up with my real estate agent. Thanks for all the great advice and encouragement, everyone. I thought this would be a lot more fun and a lot less stressful!


So, I'm off to sell what stuff I could get Chad to drag out of our packed storage in a yard sale tomorrow - wish me luck!

Here's my zen for today:

Thanks for going with me that morning, Louise!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE willow trees. I wish that's what I had in my front yard instead of that dumb o' Japanese Maple. :o) Thanks to you guys, I don't hate that Maple near as much as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song is growing on me.... or maybe it's his voice. Sound just like Chris Allen to me. I had fun too. Wish I could put my pictures on here. Tim is driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. We are done with selling as of December something. It will have been on the market for a YEAR and a HALF by then. It is just so frustrating to know what you want and be in limbo. So, we are on the other sides of the coin and equally frustrated.

    Just to show you what we are selling...
    http://www.bentonretreat.com/

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete