Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cute Conversations

Ben's latest little antic is to ask for something and if you tell him no, he will say (to me), "Daddy wets me! That's "lets", of course :) After our trip to Nashville to spend a couple of days with Mammaw Jody, it was, "Mammaw wets me!" Which, of course, was totally true, regardless of what he asked for!

I was reading my Bible this morning when Ben jumped up on the bed and started playing with the pages. I have tried to teach them to respect the Bible more than any other book in the house: I always talk in my most reverant tone when I say "Bible."
So when he started playing with the pages, I stopped him with, "This is my Holy (whisper) Bible."

"Oh, dat's you Bi-Buw?"

"Yes, this is God's (Gawwwd's) book. This is how I learn about Jesus."

"Oh. He dit mad if I huwt His Bi-Buw?"

"He is sad when we hurt His book."

"Oh. I want one! I want a Bi-Buw. I want TWO Bi-Buw's!"

"Why do you want TWO Bibles?"

And I swear, this kid could act in Hollywood already. He dropped his chin, stuck out his lip and made the saddest, sweetest, cutest little puppy dog face EVER and said,

"He wets me! DeDus wets me have two!"

I died laughing. Now Jesus is spoiling my baby rotten! So, I told him ask "Dedus" for his very own Bible LOL! It went something like this:

"Dear Dod, Pwease div me two BiBuws. Amen!" Sometimes he just says, "The end!" which always cracks me up. I am trying to make sure they don't treat God like a Santa Claus, asking for everything their eyes see. But, good Lord! I'm not sure I've got that one conquered just yet, either!

Funny thing is, I wonder what God thought of that whole scene. Did it make Him smile? He loves us so much more than we are capable of loving even our own children, I think. So I have to believe that whole conversation made Him laugh. And, if I were God (don't faint, Beth!), I would want to grant that tiny but sincere request and send my goofy child a Bible of his own. Wouldn't you? So, I'm curious to see what God does with that one. He may do like I do sometimes and just smile and go on, knowing my child won't really die if they don't get something. Or He may just decide to give him something just because. Just because He loves us. Because He likes to make His children happy too. It's the small things.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day and try to rest in the fact that He loves you with an unfailing love. It's impossible for Him to not have your best interests at heart!

1 comment:

  1. see that's why he's my favorite Krupinski!!!!! I could just eat his face off!!!

    ReplyDelete