Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh, Autumn!

Is is Autumn already?! Where in the world did Summer go? Fall/Autumn (is there a difference?) is my all time favorite season of the four, but seriously, how can it be here already?! I think I'm in denial because I never got that really great tan I wanted this summer. To me, it's not summer until I have a golden burnt look to me. I didn't get that this year, though not for lack of trying. I think I may be permanently stained "Ghost White"....horrors! "No, this isn't my costume, I'm just that white!"


This is my second Fall season living here with Mom & Dad, for those who aren't keeping track of the seconds (anyone?!) like I am. Talk about a punch to the gut. I mean, love being here as much as the next guy (except Josh - he loves it WAY too much), but I would really, really love to be in my own home during my favorite season and favorite two holidays, Thanksgiving & Christmas. I have such awesome decorations for those two holidays and I miss them. I mean, really MISS them!!!!! (notice the italics, bold, and underline to show emphasis!)

I was sitting on the living room this morning and kept seeing movement from the corner of my eye. It took me a minute to realize it was the leaves falling from the trees. They haven't even turned colors properly yet and they're already falling? That means I better get busy with my camera!


Speaking of pictures, here's one for today:

"I" is for insect!
Micah's class is learning the letter "I" this week, which means insects! Ms. Carissa said Micah (aka Mommy) could bring an insect in to class tomorrow for the Insect Net. As we drove home from school today, this huge, ugly catapillar was crawling across the road. Being the good mommy that I am, I jumped out with a baggie and scooped it up for him. The sound of that experience could be heard miles away: "OMG, OMG, OMG!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I threw it to Casey, who was with my in the car, with the threat of me wrecking the car on her side if she dropped it or let it escape while I was in the car with it. The threat worked and we made it home safe & sound. But I am not about to take that plastic off the top. Not even for a picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment