Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fishing, Part Deux

I have been meaning to share some really cool pics with everyone from our trip to Ohio a few weeks ago. On our annivesary (May 15th, babe!), Chad's dad took us fishing. Remember my prayer to catch more than they did? Well, apparently God did not think that was best and I actually caught NONE.

Walt, my FIL, caught about 20, Chad caught 3, and I caught ZERO. I was so frustrated by the time we left the lake. I couldn't even catch a stinkin' bluegill, and they were in schools right off the dock! So, when I get mad about not catching fish, I take pictures :) That's something my FIL & DH can't do like I do. Humph!


Have I mentioned my un-camera happy husband? Consider this payback for all the not-catching-fish comments you made, Babe!

Cool pic, right? He had no clue, either...
See my white legs? I was trying to get a tan while Not Catching Fish. Oh, and he still didn't notice my camera, thanks to my really long zoom ;)



He has the most interesting face, to me. Laugh lines at the corner of his eyes, uniquely shaped nostrils...even his eyebrows are mesmorizing to me. He has a face to grow old with :D Gah, don't I sound whipped?! I get this way every day around this same time. I miss him!


Yeah, then he caught me and got mad and told me to get that blankity blank camera out of his face. I didn't point out that Jesus heard those bad words and somewhere nearby, a little bird fell out it's nest in shock. Sometimes he uses that voice...you know the one: The Voice of Authority. It's rare, but when he does, I swallow my pithy comments (or save them for later!) and keep my little mouth shut. I do think I stuck my tongue out at him. As soon as he turned his head.
I love his hands. He has slender, but manly fingers. Loved them from day one.
And no comments on skin tones. If I fished 3 times a week, I'd be tan too.

Did you know that geese mate for life? And being the end of Spring, there were all kind of geese families waddling around on shore. My FIL said you always see the mom and dad both with their little babies following behind. Isn't that a great example of family?



See? There's Chad, Amy, Katie, Ethan, Micah, Ben, and....hmmm, looks like Louise tried to sneak one of hers in with mine, again.
I guess today I am thankful for families, God's design to mirror His love toward us.

4 comments:

  1. I love the sunglasses pictures. Those are really cool. Also love that you have Kris and No Sunshine on your song list. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm here because I needed this today. It's been a "not so great" day. Must be PMS....
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLA ! LOVE THE GEESE. IS THAT SPELL RIGHT? LOOKS WERID. LOVE THE WHITE LEGS. BETH

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL. Must be May-May, she seems to be attached to you butt every Sunday.

    Ps, White legs be gone soon, Beth got a pool ;)

    ReplyDelete