Monday, June 1, 2009

Aaron, etc

Last Wednesday I had the good fortune to chauffeur Aaron to his surgery. Being the genius that he is, my little brother drank a little too much Jesus Juice and got in a fight that wasn't his to begin with. The end result being he had a boxer's fracture (behind the knuckle) on his left hand, on the pinkie & ring fingers. So, he had to have a metal plate put into his hand to fix the break (they broke clean in two).

For those keeping count, this is his second metal plate. The first is located just below his left eye socket. We think he is trying to become Robocop, one metal plate at a time. Being me, I took pictures with my cell phone for my blogger viewers. Aren't I sweet?

Yes. The answer was yes. (I know Beth & Louise got it wrong)

Here is a picture taken within 2 minutes of them bringing him back to the recovery room. He was already starting to try and sweet talk the nurses into uping his meds. @@ (That's an eye roll in Internet Lingo)

He's single, ladies. (cue "Single Ladies" by Beyonce)

By the way, he couldn't wait to tell me how the nurses were talking about his "nice" tan and how cute he was, while he was going under anesthesia. Word to the girls: they can still HEAR you!

They couuldn't wait to tell me how he came out of anesthesia cursing like a sailor. But as soon as one of them said, "Now honey, we don't say those words here", he apologized and promised not to do it again. And she said, in amazement, "And he didn't!" There's hope for Aaron yet, girls.

Then another picture as he lay helpless on the couch just a few days post surgery. He was asleep till he heard the click of my camera. Looked at me through bewildered eyes, then went right back to sleep. They are all used to me by now ;)


Up close & personal...

Tried not to zoom in too far...I'm pretty sure some of those words would make Mom blush and Jesus cry ;)

So, that was part of my pretty exciting week last week.

The best part of the week is that my two oldest, Katie & Ethan, are back home - woo hoo! We picked them up outside Nashville Saturday and Ben & Micah were SO happy to see them. I don't know who missed whom more. Of course, Ben was enjoying some major spoiling by Aunt Beth so he was a little conflicted about it all.

Now we get to enjoy summer break, as Katie keeps reminding me. Time to do FUN stuff. Outside. In the heat. Hot HOT heat.

The good news is that Aunt Beth, my favorite sister in the world (today) is getting a pool - big WOO HOO! 16' round and 42" deep, it's perfect for the kiddies...AND, it won't be at my/mom's house :0 Remember the mud puddle? Now imagine what those two would do with a 42" deep mud puddle and you get the picture. So, very excited about the pool.

That's all my news for now. I am trying to catch up on so many projects that I feel like I'm always 2 days behind when I wake up in the morning, so blogging has become a little harder to get to lately. But I love telling the stories of my family, with pictures of course, so I'll keep going as long as someone keeps reading ;)

3 comments:

  1. Poor Aaron. It's just aweful to have a sister with a camera there to document every possible thing. Just ask my siblings. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and just in case you ever wonder wha other peoples "security" words are like I do. The one before this one was oldburp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anesthesia stories - priceless!

    Hey, thanks for your comment today. I really loved hearing from you - I appreciate you sharing some of your journey with me.

    As for the ads - I guess I don't know if we're supposed to click on our ads or not - I assumed that they know if a click is coming from our IPA or another's. Sure didn't mean to cheat or anything! Besides - how am I supposed to make sure the ads that are running are something I'd approve of or not? I don't know...

    Thanks again :) Daiquiri

    ReplyDelete