Sunday, June 21, 2009

Birthdays and more...

It has been such a hectic week, so I haven't been on the computer as much as I'd like. First, Chad's 31st birthday this past Monday, then Ethan's 8th birthday on Thursday, his & Conner's birthday party yesterday, plus Katie & Ethan went to Vacation Bible School all week long, and now Father's Day. I am SO broke right now!

Some of my best memories were the birthday parties I had each year. Mom didn't spend a lot on presents, but she did go all out on a cake, order pizza, and sometimes got crazy with her Paint program and a printer. I remember many a birthday coming home to birthday banners all over the house, streamers everywhere. Plus, she always allowed me to invite 5-8 friends for a sleep over. Add in the other 7 or 8 kids living at home and it was a house full! We'd rent movies, eat pizza, and stay up all night laughing and talking about boys...it was the best of times!

Now, having my own four, I wonder how in the world she did it. The money, the stress of 10 teenagers in the house (me & Beth plus 8 friends, usually)...it's a wonder she is so sane!


I realized this week just how much Ethan is like his dad and how much Katie & I are alike. Chad could care less about birthdays, especially parties , and apparently Ethan feels the same way. He has been so laid back about it all that I really think I could have gotten away with no party, just taking him & his friends to swim, then eat brownies for cake, (which is what we did on his actual bday Thursday) and he'd have been happy. Live & learn!


Unfortunately, Katie is just like her momma and already planning her big birthday bash, including a sleepover of God know how many squealing girls. My head hurts already!


So, here are some pictures from Ethan's birthday and Conner & Ethan's joint birthday party:



When asked what he wanted for his birthday dinner & cake, Ethan chose french toast and brownies. That's my boy!

June 18



Mom says he looks just like me. I see more of my brothers Aaron & Neal in him. They look like Mom, I look like Dad.


He was being a goober & needed some loosening up...and I'm just the girl for that job!


After eating french toast & brownies, off to VBS with friends Violet & Robbie.



Saturday's birthday party at a local elementary school:


June 20


It was about 95 degrees outside when we started the party, at 5pm


Popsicles were a great idea on such a hot day.


I love that all of my family shows up for birthday parties, even for the babies. Only ones missing were Casey & Neal...that's 7 out of 9 kids present!

Michele says we "Smiths" smile with ALL our teeth. I didn't know there was any other way, but we do have some big grins, don't we!



I told you it was going on the blog, girls! Right after this, Louise probably came over & told us to socialize with someone else besides Michele. As if!







She really was happy to be there, I just caught her off guard :)







See all those curious, envious faces? They were ready to help with opening gifts at a moment's notice!




Today is Father's Day, so a special shout out to my dad, my babies' daddy, and all the great dads out there. I've said it before, there is nothing sexier than a dad with his kids, playing with them, holding on to their little hand, giving them a piggy back ride, throwing a football to his son...it always melts my heart!

June 21

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmmmm, Could you possibly crop out my boobs in the last picture please. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete