Monday, June 15, 2009

1978



31 years ago today, another baby was brought into this world kickin' and screaming. 31 years ago, my darling husband was born....THIRTY ONE years ago! (trying to get that in there as much as possible LOL)


Since he was supposed to work today, on his birthday, we celebrated a day early at the "Smith" house. Chad is one of the few people I know that asks for little to nothing and genuinely means it. It makes it very difficult to buy him presents at Christmas and his birthday, so when I find something I know he'll love, I go for it. One of the few things I know he loves on his birthday is an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I surprised him with a Brownie Batter ice cream cake yesterday and w nearly overdosed on it...but what a way to go!


Chad hates to be the center of attention. So, of course, since he hates to be the center of attention, and especially hates to have a room full of people sing to him, we have been bursting into song every time he walks in the room. In fact, some of us even hummed the birthday tune while he tried to give us last minute instructions before he left to go fishing yesterday. He did *not* enjoy that.


Ethan's 8th birthday is Thursday, then my nephew Conner's 2nd bday is Saturday, so we will definitely get our fill of cake (and possibly go broke) this week. July is an even busier month, birthday wise.

So, those of you that know my hubby, PLEASE sing the song every time you see him this week. It's the only form of revenge I can think of for that surprise birthday party he threw for me 5 years ago, where I seriously had NO idea and was in pjs, no makeup, no shower in 2 days, covered in barf (thank you Ethan)...and walked into a room full of all our friends in Japan. I know he meant well, but it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. He did apologize later for not giving me a hint so I could at least bathe first...but still. Revenge is called for and I'm well and able to see it through.
Next year I'm thinking of hiring a singing birthday gram...and pay them to follow him around ALL DAY LONG. Naked. Maybe not the naked part, Mom. Sorry. I was thinking like Louise for a sec there...


By the way, the cake picture is from last year, when I threw Chad a surprise 30th birthday party. A house full of people staring at him, watching him open presents, singing to him...it was GRRRRREAT!

Don't let anyone lie to you...revenge *is* sweet!
It's fun being married to me, right????


"Happy birthday to you, don't you wish you were two, you are real - ly adopted, and 3 years older than you knew!"


Happy birthday, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment