Monday, June 29, 2009

Blackmail and other deep thoughts...

I took these pictures of Ben & Micah playing together on the floor in my bedroom. Excuse the room, I have stuff for 2 adults & 4 kids crammed into a 15x20 (I think) bedroom.

That pile of socks in the right hand corner is a bag stuffed full of Chad's unmatched socks. He has enough socks to clothe a small country in Africa! I got so tired of having a basket of unmatched socks every time I did laundry, I stuffed that bag and threw it in the corner. It mocks me from time to time ;)

A good wife would sit & match those socks for her hardworking husband. Unfortunately, I'm rarely called a good wife :(

(Just kidding, Grandma! I do match them sometimes but that man is CRAZY with all his socks!)


Anyway, I got WAY off point. Here are what I like to call "Blackmail Shots":


Boys love flashlights. Especially Daddy's flashlight. It's just an accepted fact.

Now this is when I realized the blackmail potential:



He was blowing rasberries on Ben's belly and Ben was just cracking up, laughing. It was sooooo sweet! I'm sure 5 minutes before and after this picture, they had been hitting each other over some random toy neither one really wanted to play with.

Micah was tickling his legs, thighs. Both of them are SO ticklish. Check out Ben's face :)

The Debut of my New Hair Style
Supposed to be my natural mousy brown but with golden blonde highlights. I can't actually see the blonde highlights in any of these pics, which stinks. But according to my mirror they are there. I wanted my length left alone, with choppy layers. She talked me into jagged layers, which I am having a hard time figuring out how to style. But whatever. It's new, it's paid for, it's staying for at least 3 months ;)

Please excuse the dingy bathroom mirror. I cleaned it after seeing this pic :) Notice my extremely crooked smile? Yeah, I was about 18 when I realized my smile is lopsided. I was shocked and a little devastated, for so ended my future as a toothpaste model.


I tried to smile even bigger, but then the lop switched sides. Something I didn't even know I could do until just this second! OMG...my mouth won't work right! I seriously didn't know it was crooked on both sides. BRB...have to call my therapist about this one....
PS. Those garbage bags under my eyes are totally my kids' fault. Even if they sleep through the night for a change, like last night, I still toss & turn and wake up looking like the half dead. They have me trained.

Not sure what to say about this last one:
I was working on the computer when suddenly Chad exclaimed, You are so pretty! He sounded so startled, I made him take a picture so I could see what he saw LOL. I think it's because I was in my pjs and one side of my hair was flipped over like a Donald Trump combover wannabe. He goes for that wild & crazy stuff. One day I'm gonna make him ecstatic and dye my hair purple. In a mohawk.

The kids and I will be leaving for the Mt Airy Campmeeting that my Dad & friends have going in NC. If anyone wants to know more about it, just comment me and I'll post directions or something. I really try to keep my real name off of here because my kids' pictures are posted.
Anyway, I have to get Micah's allergy shot, wash and pack up four kids & myself for 5 days in North Carolina, buy some groceries for poor hubby left behind, clean out the van, get Katie's hair cut....

My next post will be from North Carolina - NC or BUST!

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about those stupid socks. They seem to multiply don't they!?!

    Love the pics of the boys, mine act the same way. One min. playing like best friends the next fighting.

    Love the new hair cut too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Chad was going with you.

    LOVE THE HAIR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair style girl!! You look very mature! LOL! We know the truth though. :)

    PS- I got the teller job.

    ReplyDelete