Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Time!

Ahhhh, summer!

Here are a few of the summer things I am thankful for:

Ice cream - it's the only time I like that cold stuff :)

4 wheerlers - even more fun on a hot day!





Heat - as a girl whose body temp hovers on freezing, I love not having to dress in layers every time I step outside.

Cherry limeades - except, now, they have mango & strawberry too!

Kids playing in the sand - need I say more?



Little boys fishing with their daddy - is there anything sweeter?!


Picnics - well, if it's not too hot, too bright, any mosquitoes, no ants....


Swimming pools - I may not be a huge fan of cold water, but it keeps my kids happy for hours.


Later sunsets - don't you feel like there's an extra hour or two in your day right now?


Happy kids - even a boring day at home beats a fun day at school!






Flowers - I get sad when the Spring flowers start wilting, but then I get to see cool new ones like this:



Day lilies...and the best part? They spread like weeds :)





No idea what these are but I LOVE them!





And my very favorite of the summer bunch, so far:




Now THAT is a girly flower! Pink, complimented by a wonderful green, all spikey and OUT there. No idea what it's official name is, but I call it an Amy ;)



Then, I found my, I mean, it's opposite! Vibrant green tenticles, with a hint of pink in the center. A-mazing!


Happy Summer, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment