Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dear God,

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have used such a sarcastic tone when I said thanks in that last post. Obviously You decided I needed a lesson in thankfulness, which is why You allowed me to talk myself into taking SIX kids with me to pick Katie & Ethan up from the bus stop, 2 minutes after that post. Six kids under age 6. Must be why You didn't remind me to take my purse. And then You sent that train. After I crossed the tracks. Blocking my way back home. With EIGHT kids in the van with me. Mini van. Oh, and I had a headache. I'm not blaming you for that one, I'm just saying. I had a headache.

I admit, I needed to be more thankful for my kids, especially those 2 muddy boys. Point well taken, mission accomplished. Thank you very much for my four kids. And only four kids. I know You don't give me more than I can handle - though, personally, I'm not sure I am handling the four I have. But You obviously think I can, so, I will. I will also strive to keep that sarcastic tone out of my voice when referring to the blessings You have given me (those four wonderful kids).
Thank you for making that train move when you did, 20 minutes later. I'm sure you saw how high my blood pressure was and heard the bad thoughts I was having toward Louise's kids. I didn't mean it and I'll watch that too, in the future. Just please do not stick me at a blocked railroad track with 8 kids in the van ever again, and I'll do my best to cut the complaining about the mud. I love You.

And yes, I'm totally sucking up :) I'm sorry.

Yours truly & thankfully,

Amy
(Katie, Ethan, Micah, & Ben's mom)

5 comments:

  1. AND THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR JUMPING ON THE BED!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesson learned right? Now God, if you could just teach my in laws that if they love these precious little cherubs and don't want them to be in trouble, they shouldn't buy them toys that make all that noise. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I'm so sorry. You should have shoved mine out of the van, or threatened to beat them or something to get them to shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your ads are not doing what you told them to do. I can't find the camera ones. I wanted to do a little shopping. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! You guys crack me up. I'm much better today, by the way. No stalled trains, no mud wrestling pits. Good day.

    ReplyDelete