Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random Stuff

I like to share things I find interesting, especially when I can include links, so here are a few of my recent online finds:

Friend Brandi (hey, girl!) is now selling games called Simply Fun. I don't know anything about them but I'm attending my first game party (hopefully) May 8th, so I'll let you know. But here's the link to her page so you can check them out: www.brandimason.simplyfun.com.

I am trying to read my Bible through this year, though I have a feeling it may end up being a 5 year plan (just kidding, God!). I was surfing blogspot one day and ran across a Christian mommy's blog of her commentary while she reads the Bible through this year. She went to seminary and has great insight and communicates even the most hard to read into something interesting and helpful. For instance, I'm stuck, I mean reading, Leviticus right now. Read the first four chapters and tell me that ain't almost useless info (Sorry, Moses). But seriously, that is THE hardest book in the Bible to read, in my opinion. But this chick really explains it so well that I actually understand a little of what I'm reading. So now I read Leviticus with her blog pulled up to the chapter I'm reading so I can read her summary of the chapters along with. Check her out at http://shannans365bible.blogspot.com/. Did I mention she's funny?

Here's an ode to Beth: www.etsy.com. I think she lives on that site, though she has yet to buy anything from it. It's a collection of people selling stuff they made or created, some of it really cool. Just makes me try to think of ways to sell children online, since that's about all I've created worth selling. Shut up, Louise.

Okay, on to a few of my fave subjects: music & books. I recently downloaded about 13 songs from Walmart.com (most were only .88) by Mandisa. You may remember her from American Idol a few seasons ago. I think she was on with Chris Daughtry. Anyway, she was such a great Christian witness on that show and went on to make a Gospel cd. She now has three cds out, including a Christmas cd, and I downloaded my faves and ended up with 13 songs. If you love upbeat music with a great message, and a voice to sing it out, check her out at http://mandisa.sparrowrecords.com/music/. My all time favorite song right now is "He is with You." The words to the chorus change each time around and are amazing. I woke up with that song in my head for almost two weeks straight. It gives me chills :) Also check out "My Deliverer" from her Freedom cd and "Only the World", from the True Beauty cd.

As for my 2nd love, books, I discovered a new author named Kristin Billerbeck (http://www.kristinbillerbeck.com/). She does Christian Chick Lit that rocks. I just finished What a Girl Wants, which is the first in a series about a single girl in her 30's looking for Mr. Right. She also has a series called The Spa Sisters and I plan on reading that one next.

So there you have it...a few of my new favorite things. Now don't say I never gave you anything!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm with you. I'm not overly creative. I can cross stitch like nobodys business but I don't have a lot of time for it these days so the best things I've ever made are three of the cutest kids on the planet. Just like your four and Louise's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i plan on buying something just not ready to commit yet. Its not ebay so im not sure how trustworthy they are.

    ReplyDelete