Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Report

Weekends tend to be a little more hectic around here, so here's the weekend in a nutshell:

It hit 88 degrees two days in a row, Friday & Saturday, so I had to break down and buy some short sleeves & shorts for the kids, until I can sweet talk my dh (darling husband) into going through our bottomless pit of a storage room & finding all of our summer clothes. I am looking forward to it, mostly, as it's kind of like shopping for free - awesome, right? He, of course, does not have the same eager anticipation :D

Also due to the weather, I gave the boys their Spring Hair Cuts and I must say, they look so much better! I was almost afraid I had been raising the wrong kid when I started in on Ethan...he had so much hair on that little head! I'm hoping that explains & improves some of the constant whining that pours out of his mouth. It could happen!

We also did some four wheeling, yard saling, and sprinkler hopping (kids only). It was a gorgeous weekend, even though it was June weather in the middle of April. Pollen is high and really working on Micah's allergies, but it's all good.

Here are some before & after pics of the hair cuts:
Here's my almost 8 yr old, Ethan - this photo doesn't do his hair justice...it was crazy! I prolly could have braided it!

Here is Aunt Beth helping - notice she is on the phone while buzzing his hair, talking to her bf, Clifton. She had to leave right in the middle of the cut, for reasons I can't post here. But feel free to ask her about it, BCBS coworkers :)
See how he's looking sideways? He was terrified of the bee hovering around the porch, which is why i don't have an after shot of him.

Aw, Baby Ben. I still think of him that way. Finally fixed the back to match the front, so he doesn't look like a little retarded boy anymore. Yay! (Yes, I know, totally un-PC...I don't care) This is an after shot - he moved too fast for a before.

How funny is he?! This is his response to me saying, SMILE, Micah! Ask for a forced smile, get a forced smile. You could swim in those eyes, though. This is an after shot, as well. The younger two just got touch ups.



I don't cut Katie's hair anymore as I do not want to pay for the therapy that would entail. But here's a recent one of her to keep it all equal :)

Yes, I know my kids are gorgeous. No, I will not give or sell you one. Today. Try me again tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks sister. I had to run cliff to the bathroom. He was doing a paint job with no potty around. I thought boys could do that stuff in the grass but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no afters of Ethans hair. Micah's eyes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I wish I was brave enough to do my boys. They get shaggy before I get them to Michael's mom. She cuts their hair. Tyler's especially. It's really thick like mine!

    ReplyDelete