Thursday, April 23, 2009

So this is what a good day looks like!

Yep, it was a good day today. No mud wrestling the boys. No running naked through the yard - me or the boys! Just a good, sunny day. 80 degrees - what was that about?! I think I had the heat on night before last!

Today Louise & I decided to act like "real" mommies, aka "fun" mommies, and take our kids to the park. Generally speaking, I'm not a park fan. #1: I have gorgeous babies so I'm always on the look out for pediphiles & such. #2: my kids never play on the equipment like they are supposed to, so I hear a lot of "Just wait till that little boy quits walking UP the slide, baby, then you can go DOWN like you are supposed to." Then I have to go and tell my "bad" boy, "Good job, Micah...way to think outside of the box and walk UP the slide!" Which of course gets the other moms ticked off at me and next thing you know we are hurling insults left & right while our kids stare at us like we belong in a circus. Or on Dr. Phil.

Parks are like the jungle watering hole. All the animals walking cautiously around each other, sniffing out the weakest link. Except moms are sizing each other up to see whose kid has the nicer clothes (Gymboree or Walmart), which mom is wearing designer clothes or Target's clearance rack. From five years ago. Which mommy's little sweetheart is going to throw the first punch, instantly being labeled a bully.

Too much pressure!

So, after 30 minutes of sniffing each other like dogs, God had mercy and sent a few raindrops. Louise & I took it for the gift it was and herded the kids up in the van with threats of lightning and thunder.

Mission Accomplished. Fun Mommy Badges pinned.

That badge is good for a year, right?

And what's a day at the park without a few pics?!



The leaves looked like they were glowing! He had to run across the beam, freaking me out.

Ben wouldn't even creep across - and no, he didn't pee in his pants, Beth.

Someone loves the camera ;) She has become so good at taking direction and not making those goofy faces she used to make when she saw a camera. Seriously. If I could find one, I'd show you!

Just loved the contrast of that vivid red with the glowing green leaves. God did good again!

And those, kids, are proof that I did take you to parks when you were growing up :)

4 comments:

  1. I like taking the kids to the park but I'm just like you. They are so cute that someone could just walk away with them. We have a park in Jeffersonville that the kids call the purple park. I love it because it is a padded surface and there is a fence all the way around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wears a diaper. I wouldnt have asked if he peed his pants. besides looks more like poo. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Just noticed more typos. I meant to say Katie HAS gotten better at taking direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the most paranoide person I know. The other Moms were totally trailer trash so whe were the better ones. Lol. Just kidding. They probably owned a nice van or old school bus that they all slept in. ;)Did I do the slide thing?

    ReplyDelete