Friday, April 17, 2009

God can forget?!



Okay, I have a lot going on in my head today, so I'm trying to get it all out. It helps me sleep :)



Want to know what keeps me awake at night?




Genesis 8:1 > "And God remembered Noah..." STOP.




God forgot Noah?! Seriously? Does this freak anyone else out?! He had ONE earth covered in water at that time (so we assume), ONE ark filled with only EIGHT humans. Was it that hard to remember what was going on with his favorite human, Noah? I'm thinking, um, NO. This is the God of the universe we are talking about. Yet, that's what the Bible says.

And God remembered Noah.




So, yeah...it keeps me up nights. And because of this, there are days I literally raise my hand and yell, "God? Remember me? Remember where you left me!?"




Don't get me wrong. I know He has us here still for a reason. 3 months before we separated from the Air Force, we were still sweating our decision. What if he couldn't find a good paying job? Where did we even start looking? And after months of praying for guidance, God gave me total peace one Sunday morning in church. In the middle of the sermon, overwhelming peace, the kind that makes no sense, flooded my soul. That God was in control and as long as we were seeking HIS will, we would find it. He isn't trying to hide His plan for our lives from us. He wants us to prosper and be at peace where He plants us. Wherever that may be.




But that was 10 months ago. So occasionally, yes, I feel the need to remind God of where I am. Living under my parents roof: me, hubby, four kids, one lab/shephard dog, and a bearded dragon. Oh, and the other 7 other people.

Remember me, God?!


Photography soothes me. Show me a great photo of something in nature that my God created and all is well in my world for another moment. That said, here's one for today:


Isn't He good?!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you are finally posting. Sometime we need reminding that He really is out there and that He loves us and knows what's best.

    Hang in there and keep on posting. I love this!

    ReplyDelete