Friday, May 1, 2009

Micah Fisher Day!

That's right...his middle name is Fisher. Why? Because his dad is a little obsessive, that's why! See, I wanted to name Ethan "Micah" but Chad said, NO WAY. Seems he only knew girls named Micah. Same thing with Noah. But after 3 pregnancies, I wore him down and got my "Micah", as long as he got to pick the middle name. Within reason. Which is why his middle name is Fisher and not Fisherman or Vin Diesel or Shimano.



This is the "Pink Glitter Gel Incident"
20 months old - 2007

My little Micah Jo Fisher (Chad hates when I add that Jo, because he didn't think of it) has always marched to his own little drum. He was born in Japan, at Yokota Air Base, 4 days after my own 28th birthday. He was walking at age 6 months, running so fast his head would get ahead of his body & he'd topple over, laugh, get up and keep going. He was such a happy baby that perfect strangers stopped me all the time to comment on his infectious smile. Out of all of my babies, he was the one I worried most about someone stealing, because he drew attention everywhere we went.


~ Micah Blue Eyes ~
February 2009

He didn't get his first tooth till he was 17 months, and it was his back teeth that came in first, not a cute little front tooth. I had never heard of that happening before! He was also diagnosed with Eczema, Asthma, and Allergies at 18 months old, which explained the constant rash on his little butt, the coughing till he threw up after running around the house, and puffy, red eyes when he went outside or hugged an animal. God is good and he has never had a serious asthma attack or had any other hard core symptoms. And he is only outgrowing it all as he gets older, just like his daddy ;)


The pollen was kicking his tail here and he kept asking to go home already.
April 2009

He hates peanut butter with a passion, can smell it a mile away. In fact, when he wouldn't quit chanting "poopy butt" all the time, I washed his mouth out with soap. (I actually only slid the soap across his tongue.) What does Micah say? "I want mo', mommy!" I wanted to call his bluff so I handed him the soap...and he licked it! By this time I am in shock...this is not what was supposed to happen! I take the soap away and send him to his room, while trying to figure out what just happened. Suddenly I hear the weirdest noise and run into the hallway to find Micah throwing up all over the walls & floor. Guess who had to clean that up?! Yep, the joke was definitely on me. So, no more soap. We just threaten to make him smell peanut butter and he goes screaming out the front door, hands over his mouth, yelling "Nooooooo! No peanuh bu' uh!"



His serious face :)
4 years old

I wish I had all of my pictures out of storage, because I have some doozies of this little boy. Some of you will remember the Vaseline incident...along with the camo paint catastrophe, the red glitter gel (still don't know what it was or where it came from!)...and the list goes on.


Taken just yesterday, he loves the camera and the camera loves him ;) He always has a ring of some food around his mouth, as he is *always* eating or drinking something; I never notice till after I snap the best picture ever.

I hope you've enjoyed my Micah Fisher Story, because I had a blast running through some of these memories. Some things are only cute & funny after the fact ;) By the way, since I started this post two hours ago, I've had to go clean up spilled cereal, run the boys back into the house, out of the rain, figure out why they were both buck naked & jumping on the bed (sorry, mammaw!), and just watched them take turns blowing into each other's belly button. I have no comment on that last one.

I now leave you to go break up the current fight over a tennis ball.

I may just use it to suffocate myself .

Happy Micah Fisher Day!

4 comments:

  1. He is sooo adorable and he is my fav. little micah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! Little Fisher. He is such a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like the middle name. He's unique!

    He's also completely adorable. I also understand the outgoing personality. Eden was like that with everyone and all of a sudden, just in the last few weeks Jacob has started asking EVERYONE "What's your name?" and then he proceeds to tell them his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beth i cant believe you your picking favorites im so going to tell katie. try to explain that to her

    ReplyDelete