Monday, May 4, 2009

Uninspiring Monday

I've been feeling very uninspired the past few days. I mean, you can blog about bowel movements, mud puddles, and kids for so long...then it just gets depressing. The kids haven't done anything funny today. In fact, it was mostly a hair pulling kinda day. Ben & Micah fought with each other non stop, using tree limbs, Hot Wheels cars, even Cheezits, which is when I got really MAD. I draw the line at wasting food!

Then, a friend calls me up on the phone and I swear, not even 5 minutes later, I realize I don't hear the boys outside my window anymore, so as I talk, I go hunting boys. 10 minutes later I'm freaking out, tell friend Lisa I have to go and have a full scale search going on. Where were they? In the next door neighbor's yard, playing with their grandchildren's toys. I lost 6 months off the end of my life with that one.

I'm trying not to tell the boys that they are bad boys, but the truth is, it works. They immediately stop eating dirt, slinging mud, kicking the dog....and freak out, crying, I not a bad boy, mommy...I a dood boy! And every single time, I feel like a slimeball and hug them, cooing, You ARE a dood boy! You're mommy's dood boy! And, yes, I always say "dood" too; I'll miss their sweet baby language when they grow up & finally learn how to pronounce their words correctly. But I read once that you should say, You are behaving badly. But that would lead to a whole other conversation, right?

So, anyway...I used the Bad Mommy Language today. Then I remember, Mothers' Day is 6 days away - what was I thinking? Obviously I'm gonna be lucky to get a mug full of mud at this rate! So I loaded up the kids, plus Casey (hi, Case!), and took them to Katie & Ethan's school playground. Then, had to leave 15 minutes later because I remembered the bank closed in 20 minutes. As a bribe to forget about going back to the playground, I rented SpongeBob's The Big One...think that and the 15 minute trip to the park will upgrade me to real diamond earrings?

Hmm...doubt it!

As always, here are some pictures I took this week, in between the Noah-like downpours. Picture taking is my "Happy Place." That and a nice, hot bath with a good, long book.

Mom's Flower Garden aka my Happy Place:



























This is how the bird bath looked 3 days ago...

























and this is today:


































Unedited...I just love the adobe look.

Don't you just love this next picture's color pallette?!























FYI: I'm stealing that bird bath when I move.



















Mom has about 5 beautiful roses, but the bugs are chewing on them. Here is one with a rain drop right on the edge, which I thought was so cool. My camera wouldn't do it justice and the color is no where near as vivid as it should be.
























This little bugger was running from me. I couldn't get my camera to do a macro shot, either, which is SO frustrating. For some reason it blurs out the lady bug when I get anywhere close. He would freeze when I got near him, and as soon as I backed off, he took off in warp speed ;)

Our Guardian Angel














































I'm having technical difficulties with my spaces & pictures and I QUIT.

4 comments:

  1. OMG...I have worked on those stupid pics for over an hour to get the spaces right, and it never looks like how I published it. I AM SO DONE! No comments on the crazy spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I don't know what kind of camera you have but it takes some really good pictures. Here's a trick I learned about focusing on something smaller then what it is perched on. (I have a lady bug picture and my SIL taught me this) Thanks Glenda! Put your hand next to the thing you want to shoot and focus, most cameras you press the button down halfway, and then move your hand and depress the button all the way. Give this a try and let me know if it works.

    Sorry for the long comment, but I also want to say, I get frustrated by the picture functions and spacing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. It's called backspace! Lol. Now watch my next post be all crazy like yours. I love the one with the angel and the purple in front of her. Love that angel! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the rose pic so pretty

    ReplyDelete