Thursday, May 21, 2009

Catch up!

I feel so behind in my blogging. I have many stories to tell and pictures to share, but it's just been crazy around here. I have a lot to do today, as well, so here's a quick update:

We got to see all of Chad's family while we were in Ohio for the funeral and they are a great bunch of people. The kids had so much fun with their cousins, Joyce & Jacob. Actually, they are Chad's cousins, so our kids' 2nd cousins, but they are all the same age and I never heard a single argument or disagreement between the four of them. They have a mini petting zoo/farm going, with cows, sheep & lambs, pigmy goats, shetland ponies, bunnies, and a dog. My kids were in HEAVEN when we went to visit, asking if we could get a goat (nope), lamb (maybe), horse (I wish!), cows (only if we can name them Steak & Burger), and every other animal they saw.

This one is only about waist high, a Shetland Pony, I think:

Sheep

See the lambs? They are running toward the hay Uncle Clint was dishing out:


The funniest thing about it all, to me, is that they have a pasture of cows, lambs, & goats all living together...and a trampoline in the middle of it. That's how they do it in the country ;)

And have I mentioned my wonderful MIL yet? I seriously have the best mother in law in the world...and not because she likes to steal my kids for long periods of time ;) She thinks The Smartest Thing Chad Has Ever Done was to marry me. And of course I have to agree with her on that one. Plus, we used to call her a lot to settle an argument or bet and she was ALWAYS on my side, though she tried to act diplomatic and unbiased when doing so (to keep her son happy and thinking that she loves him more. Clearly, I am her favorite).
Anyway, my WMIL (wonderful mother in law) begged me to leave Katie & Ethan with her, and after some arm twisting (ha!), I agreed. Actually, there have been many times I've wondered why in the world God gave me children when clearly Mammaw Jody is much more qualified to raise kids. If I were rich, I'd hire her as my nanny. She is the Lay on the Floor and Play With the Kids type. And you remember me, right? I'm the OMG You Want Me to Get Dirty WHY? Type.

I'm just kidding, a little. I am doing much better. I do not like to get dirty, but having boys has taught me that it all washes off, eventually. Some dirt does take longer than others...but that's a story for another day ;)

Anyway, K & E are having a blast with Mammaw, as I knew they would. She has already taken them to the Columbus Zoo, let Zack's dog spend the night (a puppy sleepover!), let them paint a porch (at that age, it's "let", not "made"), play with Joyce & Jacob and their farm animals, etc. They are loving life right now. And I feel a lot less guilty about Micah & Ben taking up so much of my time.

I have so many stories & pics from the trip to Ohio but I'll have share a little each day over the next week or some of you would get fired for not working, LOL. (Beth, Jessica, Tamra)

We got home Monday evening after a layover with my Grandma (more on that later), and a 2 hour detour outside Knoxville. By then, we were ready to come back to the Nut Farm (no offense, Jess).

Tuesday, I took Micah to the Allergist and he is highly allergic to pollen of all trees and cats. Then he is mildly allergic to soy, peanuts, grass, dogs, and a few other things. Mostly spring allergens, with cats thrown in for good measure. Beth thinks the cat one is only normal, as cats are clearly demonic and being allergic is like having a built in radar for cats: CatDar! Like GayDar, but politically correct. And you know how I aim to be politically correct ;)

So he starts allergy shots next week. The Allergist said that is a CURE, not a bandaid like the meds he is on now. After a year or so of the shots, from what I understand, he should be off his meds or need a lot less. Right now we are doubled up on Singulair and Zyrtec just to keep him breathing clearly. I can't wait to see him be able to run around in the yard without sneezing, itchy eyes, and needing an inhaler at night.

It just got really quiet so here are some pictures for you to admire while I go hunt some boys:
My FIL cuts his grass every 3 days or so, which the boys loved. Free entertainment!



After every mowing, we had to dope poor Micah up on Benadryl LOL

Pappaw Walt keeping them busy...

and feeding them rubarb from the garden


This house reminded me of Tara, in Gone With The Wind

There was a huge barn and lots of landscaping as well...just as I imagine Tara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment