Friday, May 8, 2009

Is it *my* turn yet?

Husbands kill me sometimes. Mine most recently ;)

See, he went fishing Wednesday morning, on his first of two days off. Some humongus bass was out there calling his name (though, come to find out, the fish was just joshin' him). So, he goes fishing, leaving me for about 6 hours.

Now, the plan was, when he got home, I would go hang out with a sister or 3 for some quality girl time (aka American Idol & Greys Anatomy time).

Except, as I go to walk out the door, the Love of My Life (or LOML as I sometimes think of him) pulls the guilt card:

"Are you sure you want to leave me?

Not permanently; just for, oh, six hours or so.

"But didn't you miss me while I was gone?"

Yes, and it was so much fun, I want *you* to try it.

"But, what will I do with out you?"


Oh, this is going to be fun....you'll chase Ben & Micah out of the mud about 132145346 times, change their clothes at least twice due to the times they made it to the mud while you were busy chewing/sleeping/blinking. And don't forget the 34 drinks you'll pour, the 8 apples you'll peel, and the 234 fights you'll referee.

But good news! You'll miss me so much after 4 hours of all that, you'll be ready to kiss my feet, give me that last bite of candy bar, and not think about leaving me to fish again for, oh, about 12 hours.

Enough said.

And I left. Of course, Ben followed me to the car, crying to "doe wiff you, mommy." When they do this to Chad, he barely misses a step. I sat in the driveway for 5 minutes, comforting Ben, then reassuring myself he wasn't still sobbing his heart out as I drove away.

I did have fun, though I tend to rush through everything, trying to get in as much "fun" as I can before the guilt gets totally overwhelming. Thank God for DVR & Beth! We fast forwarded through commercials, Paula's drunk ramblings, and Kara's over emphasized everything.

My favorite sound bite from the night:

As Kara rambles on and on about Adam being a ROCK GOD (*gag*), Jessica screams at the tv,
"Give Paula back her pills, crazy!"

I must say, I was shocked when Kris Allen (aka Goat Boy as I like to call him) was safe. He is my fave on the show, then Goecky or whatever his name is. Adam makes me want to take a shower...wash some of the dirt off. Seriously, if he's here, who's running Hell?!

I love to say that last one to Chad when he's in a really bad mood and watch his head explode :)

I must add, I came home that night to find the two most adorable little boys waiting up way past their bedtime, just to see me (Katie & Ethan had school the next morning). My grin was a mile wide, my heart so happy to see them after just 3 hours away. We laid on the bed talking for 20 minutes about God, monners (monsters), Jesus living in our hearts, and tunner (thunder).

I had the sweetest video of part of our conversation from that night that I planned on sharing, but I accidentally erased it from the memory card before saving it on my laptop. But I have one picture of that night. They were describing thunder to me and how it sounds, using their little hands to show how loud it was:


Little Ben is so serious! He said, Tunner makes me huwt (hurt).

Throwing in some pictures of hot hubby pushing the boys on the swing Wednesday:

Check out Ben's sweet smile! I couldn't get both of them to focus at the same time, but each one had enormous grins on their faces.

Micah has the more infectious smile & laugh. Looks like he's about to jump LOL!
P.S. There is nothing sexier than a father playing with his children. Melts my heart everytime. Doesn't hurt he's the cutest thing since, well, anyone!

6 comments:

  1. LOL.. i did love when jessica yelled that at the tv. My fav. part was when paula abdul "sang" ( lol ) Im just here for the music.. Omgosh im laughing now ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I saw that with GRANDMA!!! Yes, your Grandmother watched American Idol. I almost screamed for them to take the pills away but was afraid i would scare G-ma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing the difference in mommy's and daddy's. Mine usually don't throw a fit for daddy when he leaves and they don't if I do unless I don't give them a hug and a kiss. Every morning Tyler says, I need a hug and kiss and after I give it to him, he says. Don't forget Jakie's hug and kiss momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked here from Nicole's site. Just read this first one and thought I'd tell you your husband sounds like a pretty normal guy! And he does seem like a good dad. You have a good family going here. I have a site dedicated to family stuff - Family Fountain. Please pop in. WB

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! New person above me. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. louise you are such a dork

    ReplyDelete