Thursday, May 14, 2009

Future NFLer

Remember my Mom's Day post? I thought I'd share what all I ended up getting this Mother's Day:

With Chad's help, they bought me a cool shell necklace, one of those hippie, hemp style ones. My mom suggested I hide it, as I have siblings that may try to smoke it - LOL!

Also, I received two belly button rings. Shock anyone? :X

Katie bought me a pack of juicy watermelon bubble gum with her own money, and handpicked my Mother's Day card...how sweet is that?!

Then, the main gift was....a FOOTBALL. Yep, you read that right! Now, the best part of this story is my Dad'sface when I pulled a football out of the bag. His eyes were huge as he kept repeating, They got you a football?! He looked at Chad and I swear he was thinking, Boy is he in so much TROUBLE!


What Dad didn't know is, before we moved in with my parents (or Day of Humiliation as I like to call it), Chad and I would play catch with my pink softball or his baseball almost every day. For some reason we got out of that habit and I think it has contributed to my gaining 10-13 pounds over the past 10 months. That and the endless bag of Doritos I have hidden in my room ;)

So when Chad showed me a camoflauged football the week before, I said, Sure, why not? I need a jumpstart on getting active again. I didn't get a camo one, unfortunately, nor the pink one I requested (to match my softball!). But then I probably wouldn't have wanted it to get dirty.

I never did clue Dad in - it was just way too much fun to watch his face every time he looked at Chad!

My all time favorite gift this year (don't tell my kids!) is the bouquet of flowers that Chad hand picked from 5 or 6 different fields on the way home from church Sunday morning. I love flowers, but I hate paying for cut flowers. It seems like such a waste, and I rarely feel it's worth it. But he used to do this for me when we were dating, pick a bunch of wild flowers and arrange them perfectly in a cup, and it was ALWAYS a winner.

PS: Chad, if you are reading this (or any family member that wants to clue him in!) our 10th anniversary tomorrow is a worthy reason to buy cut flowers. Roses. Something ridiculously outrageous. I've earned those puppies!

So, yesterday I learned how to throw my football like a boy. It took me a while and I still get it wrong a lot. Chad just dies laughing every time I throw a perfect spiral. For some reason it just cracks him up. That or the touch down dance I do every single time.

I will say, I loved seeing the look of shock on Chad's face when I sent that ball careening in a perfect spiral toward his head...priceless! See, I gave up learning how to do it because he just kept yelling the exact same stuff at me. I mean, does that ever work? Yell louder, longer, but the same phrase and maybe I'll suddenly be like, Ohhh, you mean hold it like THIS?

But I got mad and quit listening, just chucking it at his head without even trying because he kept throwing the ball back to me. But suddenly, without thinking about it, I got it right. Then I loved it. It was addictive - seeing my football fly in a perfect spiral, one that *I* threw, AND Chad's round, bugged out eyes...perfect!

Chad, my FIL, and I are going fishing tomorrow...I'm sure I'll have plenty of good fish stories for you tomorrow!

Here are some pictures from Mother's Day:

Dad was playing a game with Micah, snapping at his fingers with some of the packaging from one of mom's presents:


Isn't Micah's face priceless?

I love this next one because Mom & Dad are both laughing


I'm reading my homemade card from Katie. Her teacher took a picture of her holding flowers for me, then laminated the whole card. Love it!


Jessica said this next one was a good one of me, and those are rare, so...

Me & my girl, Kate

Here I am showing Dad The Football...
and here is his face. For the next ten minutes.

My beautiful handpicked Mother's Day bouquet...I LOVE it!!!
Thanks, Babe!

My gift to Mom:

All the ladies at church got to pick out a plant. I got Lilies. I wanted to bring them with me to Ohio so badly!

Aren't they gorgeous? I guess I'll be planting them in Mom's flower garden....sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one that sees that Micah and Uncle Mike look so much alike. Those are really cool gifts. I got my landscaping done by my hubby, and tonight was the first night that he had time to do it. He mowed, layed down the weed cloth and put in the cedar mulch! Love that man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your missng half of a sentence. The one right befor the picture of Dad and Micah. I love the picture of you laughing and the thing you got Mom. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. Welcome to the Married forever club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I love the pic of Micah and your dad laughing :) Priceless, definitely!
    The pic of you laughing is perfect, it really captures *you*, the you I miss so much on those days when I could just use your couch, your/my fave blanket and a little adult time :)And I have to say the red hair is starting to grow on me! LOL
    The flowers CHad picked are awesome, and I agree about the paying for flowers etc, but he did a great job, don't think Brian could have got such a nice bouquet as that!! Kudos to Chad!
    The gift to your mom is beautiful!
    And your lilies are so nice, I love lilies. Plant them in the garden and they will multiply like you won't believe, then, when I get back to the US, I want a couple bulbs of them to get my garden in KY started--deal? Then I will think of you each day as I look out in my garden and see your lilies blooming so bright.
    And finally-Happy Anniversary to you and Chad, so glad to see you two so happy together :)
    Love-J

    ReplyDelete