Thursday, May 14, 2009

O HI O

In Japanese, Ohio (like, O Hi O) means "Good Morning!"
I'm going to have a pretty busy day tomorrow (Friday) so I'm going to go ahead and post some pictures I've taken so far on our Ohio trip. As I said, we'll be going fishing in the morning, about 7am, then tomorrow afternoon we are having a cook out/fish fry. Walt, my FIL, does that every summer when we come home to visit, to give us all a chance to hang out with Chad's extended family at one time. The funny thing is, Chad's parents are divorced, his mom remarried, and the only family that shows up is his mom's side...my FiL's ex in-laws. They still fish together, have cookouts together, everything. It's the neatest thing, this blended family. The way it should be, I guess.
So, enjoy the pics and please, please...pray I catch more fish than Chad or Walt. It would make me SO happy. It would make them SOOO unhappy. Quite possible rank up there with one of my best days ever.

Jesus, if you are reading this, I just want to catch more fish than Chad & Walt. Please, please, please!

A
men.
These farms are beautiful, representing the hard working people that make up middle America:


I am SO glad God didn't call us to be chicken farmers. I would not be a happy chicken farmer's wife. UGH. And no, that is not a chicken farm. I'm just sayin'.
How many deer do you see?



If you zoom in, you can see a 5th pair of ears on the right :)
The deer in Chad's hometown are so not afraid! They seriously wander downtown in the evening. It's actually a real safety hazard, but they are so majestic, aren't they.
Ben took it upon himself to give Boy, Zac's dog, some water:


By the time he would get it to the poor dog, most of it was on his shirt LOL.

Here he is walking PAST the thirsty dog. Poor Boy was like, What up wid dat?! Where crazy white boy goin' with my watah! (Boy is actually black, thus the ebonics ;)


He kept picking up the water and moving locations. That poor dog. I actually felt sorry for it.



I have taken this exact shot for the past 3 years now: Pappaw Walt & Micah mowing the grass. It's their "thing".

Here is poor Ben waiting for his turn...so excited to finally "wide on dah wan mowah".

These were taken this afternoon. I was pitching to Katie while Chad attempted to take pictures...
Poor girl trips over her own size 4 (in women's!) feet all the time.
How sweet is his smile? I love, love, LOVE that grin right there. I could bottle him up and keep him that sweet and 4 years old for ever.
Ethan practicing his bike riding skills



We went to cousin Joyce's baseball game and the boys found their Nirvana: a dirt hill that resembled a Monster Jam field. Ben & Micah's "Happy Place."
Walt has a beautiful home and yard. It's very peaceful here. When he's asleep, anyway ;)


The End

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys are having a good time. Don't know if you have to come through Southern Indiana on the way home or not. If so, call me up, we'll meet to grab something to eat or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ben kept moving the water

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love seeing your photos, make me so jealous, you are definietly the better photographer! (I do have some to post on facebook soon though :)
    --J

    ReplyDelete