Thursday, May 21, 2009

All Grown Up...

Micah found Chad's fishing hat and said, Mommy, look at me! I a MAN! Tate a pichure a me!


So I did.


He said, Wet me see! And then he said, Hey! Dats my eye! Tate a pichure of boaff my eyes, mommy! And Ben said, I wanna pichure too, Mommy.

I took a picture of them both, together.



They said, Wet me see! Wet me see! Then, Mitah, you a man wike Daddy! Mommy, Mitah a man!

Then Ben said, My tuhn, Mitah. So Micah gave him the hat and Ben said, Wook, Mommy, I a man wike Mitah e Daddy! (they say "ee" instand of "and") Tate my pichure adin.

And, of course, I did.



Doesn't he have a face for hats?

Then they got all goofy, started wrestling, making faces, and demanding more pictures, then to see the pictures. And I bottled it all up in my heart, to ponder in the years to come when they are yelling about how unfair I am, I never do what they want, and don't I love them? When they are too busy to call home, never think to send a picture of themselves, or forget my birthday... Then I'll pull out these pictures and smile to myself about how it used to be so easy to please them, to give them what they wanted, and get only hugs and kisses in return.


That's what we moms do.


"But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19

No comments:

Post a Comment